Saturday, January 15, 2011

Twirly Three-Tiered Dress

A few months back, my mother-in-law took me to Washington, IL to a quilt shop called Peddler's Way. We seriously were in there for three hours just browsing through all their fabrics and patterns and threads! It was the biggest fabric store I've ever been in. While I was there, I picked up a yard of "All that Jazz" by Sheri Small. I love the vintage feel of this fabric!


I have just been sitting on this fabric for months because I wanted to make sure I used it for something great!! Tonight I finally used it to make a "Twirly Three-Tiered Dress". I used the same bodice that I use for the jumper dresses and cut three 5.5" tall lengths of fabric that were a few inches longer than the first. There was LOTS of gathering stitches going on, but it was well worth it in the end!! I also added a button to the bodice just for fun! I can't wait to try this on N in the morning!!

UPDATE 1/16 - She loves it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment