I am in LOVE with the fabric flowers that are on everything! I've tried a few different ways of making them, and I like this way the best!
Here's what you do...
- Find your fabric and cut it 8"-10" long & 3" wide. These measurements don't have to be exact. I've used scraps that were not 3" wide throughout and it still works fine!!
- Make sure your glue gun is plugged in and ready to go before you proceed!!
- Fold your fabric in half (hotdog style) and start twisting it at one end.
- Twist and wrap the fabric around until you've got a 2-3" circle/flower, or until you've reached the size you wanted.
- Glue the remaining length of fabric underneath the flower.
- Now you can attach it to an alligator clip, barrette, brooch, headband, whatever!
- I bought a package of black elastic headbands from the dollar store that have worked really well.
- If you want more than one flower on your headband, glue them down, side by side, on a piece of coordinating fabric.
- Cut around the flowers. Glue the whole thing to your headband. Glue another piece of fabric, sandwiching the headband. Cut around the flowers again.
- Glue on rhinestones, pearls, lace, buttons, whatever you can find to embellish your flower.
- And there you have it! I love that I can make these to match literally anything N is wearing!! She wore the headband pictured to her 3 year photo shoot this morning!