Sunday, June 6, 2010

Reversible Sundress/Shirt

This is the first piece of clothing I attempted to make my daughter. I found the tutorial at From an Igloo. The tutorial is super easy to understand and very clear! I think I made about four of these this summer!! Now that it's gotten cooler, I stick a long sleeved tee underneath {like the one below Target } and add some jeans or leggings and boots and she's golden!

To make the matching headband, I traced one we already had. I ended up cutting two pieces of fabric (one of each shown in the dresses above) that were about 1" wide at each end and 2" wide in the middle. The pieces were about 14.5" long. I sewed the long sides together, right sides together, and the turned it right side out. I sewed an edge around the whole thing, tucking in the ends and also adding a piece of elastic {4"long} in the ends. I like that you can easily stick a flower clip on the top to make more of a statement or leave it plain and functional!

No comments:

Post a Comment