Wednesday, June 27, 2012

baby nursery

My sister-in-law is pregnant with her first child, a little girl!  She decided not to pick out a traditional bedding set - the curtain, bumper, sheets, quilt, etc.  Instead she chose her colors and had her mom (my mother-in-law) make a quilt for the baby's room.  My MIL showed me the quilt and together we decided to make curtains and a crib skirt so my SIL had a bed set!  My MIL made the crib skirt and I made the curtains. 
I took the goods to Connecticut to my SIL last week when my kiddos and I went to visit!  She loved it all!  And randomly I saw that Joann Fabrics was having a DIY nursery contest, so naturally we entered!
Here are some of the pieces in the nursery:
quilt...
 one of the two throw pillows...
 initial canvases {painted by my kiddos}...
 curtain {bad lighting}...
{Here's the link} to the video we submitted!  There are a lot of cute entries, you can see them all on Joann's Pinterest board, {here}!!
****
On a different note, did you all catch TLC's Craft Wars last night?!  I think I found my new favorite show!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment