Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Scarf Refashion

I have fallen in LOVE with infinity scarves like this one from Body Central...


My only issue is that I spent A LOT of time and energy last year finding scarves to go with all of my winter clothes! I couldn't imagine trying to replace them all with the infinity style!

So, I decided to turn my scarves into infinity scarves!! So easy!!!

Here's how...


Step #1 - Fold your scarf in have length wise {so your scarf is long but short} with right sides together.


Step #2 - Sew along the long edge, using 1/4" seam allowance.

Step #3 - Pull one end of your scarf through the other, so that the right sides are facing & line up your open edges.



Step #4 - Sew along the open edge, leaving a 4-5" opening {to turn it rightside out}.


Step #5 - Using the opening, turn your scarf right side out. Turn in the open edge 1/4-1/2" and hand or machine sew the opening shut. Try on immediately!!!


I love this option for scarves because my scarves usually end up crooked or uneven....or I end up sitting on one of the loose ends and choking myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment