Saturday, January 29, 2011

You Color My World, Valentine!

For Valentine's Day 2009, my son and I made little heart shaped crayons for his Valentines! I used a heart shaped ice cube tray from Target's $1 bin...and surprisingly it handled the oven very well!! I googled this project for oven temperatures and baking times and got a variety of information, so I sort of experimented and it worked!
Here's what to do:
Step #1 - Take the wrappers off of the crayons. Soaking them in warm water helps a ton! We used Crayola brand after reading that other brands didn't work as well. However, we didn't try any other brands ourselves.

Step #2 - Break the crayons into 1/2"-1" pieces (small enough to fit in the heart molds).
Step #3 - Fill the heart molds with the crayon pieces...over fill since as the crayons melt they'll settle in the molds.


Step #5 - Bake at 300-350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Let them cool and you're done!!

How cute are these?!


*If your child gives these out at school, it might be a good idea to make sure everyone knows these are not candy!*




I'm super excited about my next Valentine's Day post!! I'll show you N's Valentines for daycare this year - super cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment