Thursday, December 9, 2010

What Are We Gonna Do About Hat?



N had her winter coat in September. It was at Old Navy and I loved it! It wasn't even close to cold, but I got it anyway. Fast forward through the warmest fall we've EVER had, 80's in November, and I dropped the ball on getting a hat/mittens set to match her coat. This weekend was snowy and freezing, so I went to get her the hat and mittens she still needed and she picked out Dora. I don't have a problem with Dora herself, but I've just never been a fan of character wear. But it's freezing out so I grab the Dora set with every intention of replacing it soon!
But...I can't find anything!!! So I picked up tea-stained color flannel at Hobby Lobby and used a McCall's pattern that was handed down to me. I added some braided sided and some rosettes and buttons and was pleased at the outcome. {I also added a rosette/button to the top of each mitten because I ran out of flannel to make matching mittens...oops!} N was not so excited about the replacement but humored me by trying on her new hat. Then promptly went and found the Dora hat.
So Operation Get-Rid-Of-Dora-Hat is in full effect!! I think I'm going to try and add some rosettes/buttons to the Dora hat and "accidentally" cover Dora up!

No comments:

Post a Comment