Wednesday, November 24, 2010

boredom buster...hopefully

We are traveling for Thanksgiving...about 2 hours away. It's not a horrible drive, but the thought of the kiddos in the car for two hours (even with the DVD player) is making me anxious already!! I had purchased {these} paper turkey crafts from Oriental Trading earlier in the fall. Each of the kiddos made one, and now we have 10 more sets for another time! It occurred to me that I could use them for a boredom buster in the car.
So, I laminated them (you wouldn't necessarily have to do that) and cut them out. If you don't laminate then you don't have to cut...sort of a nice compromise!
Then I put magnetic tape on the back of each piece as well as each kiddos' initial for 'keeping track' purposes! If I were going to do it again, I would have gotten stronger magnets, but my little town hardware store had one kind available!
I also purchased two cookie sheets that are 15.5" x 10.5". Again, not my first choice, but it was what I could find!
My plan is that both of the kids and arrange and rearrange their turkeys for awhile, not only on the way to Thanksgiving, but once we are there if they get bored. I put each kids' set in a baggie with their name on it also, to keep the pieces in one place when they were done!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I personally have a lot to be thankful for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment