Tuesday, October 23, 2012

place mats

I shared a link to a place mat craft a few weeks ago and we finally got around to making them!
I first saw the idea on Enjoying the Small Things.
 
Here's what you need:
*3/4 yard of white vinyl - I got mine at Joann Fabrics for $12.99/yard
*colored duck tape
*permanent markers
*artistic kiddos :)
 
Cut the vinyl to the size you want your place mats. 
Trim the vinyl with the duck tape.
Have your lil artists go to town! 
I wanted a bit of a theme for our place mats so I had the kiddos draw their favorite meals on their place mats and then they did the same for my husband and me!
 
Lil Man made mac-n-cheese, applesauce and bread on his and he made steak, rice and broccoli for his dad!

Lil Miss made pizza, salad and bread sticks for me and steak, salad and fries for her!
The kiddos had a little trouble drawing the silverware, so in hindsight, I would have had a stencil or something, but over all, we love our new place mats!


No comments:

Post a Comment