Tuesday, July 24, 2012

sew-on fabric label DIY

As I mentioned {here}, I made my own fabric tags and I thought I'd share how!
I purchased Printed Treasures fabric paper at Joann's (with a 50% off coupon!) and it's worked really well for me.  There are lots of brands of fabric paper out there, but this is the only one I've tried.

Step #1 - Once you've created your logo or image, print onto the fabric paper.  Let dry for about a minute.

Step #2 - Peel off the paper backing.

Step #3 - Submerge in cold water to make sure the ink is set.

Step #4 - Lay flat to dry.

 Step #5 - Cut out (if needed).  I ironed the long edges down and top stitched across.

Step #6 - Trim up threads and uneven edges.
Step #7 - Fold short edges and sew on!  
There are so many tag options out there but this seems to work for me for now! 
Stay tuned for a give-away later this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment