Sunday, May 20, 2012

modifications

I recently got this super cute Matilda Jane skirt - just to find that it is the longest skirt ever made!  It came down mid-calf on my short self and looked very Little House on the Prairie.  


I was talking with a friend that has the same skirt and we decided that a tank-dress-refashion was in order!  I ordered this tank from Maurices to be the top of the dress.  I liked that it wasn't ribbed and that the straps were wider, so I can wear it to school! 

I cut off the waist band of the skirt and attached the tank.  Ta da!! 
 I love how it turned out!  The length is perfect and it's super comfy! 
I was super stoked to find this cardigan at Target {on sale even!} that has the same blue & white polka dots as the pocket on the skirt!  This might just be one of my favorite outfits!!

Lil Miss has the little girl's coordinating Matilda Jane top that I made capris for. 
I ended up adding a tie around the waist with the left over fabric - she's in between sizes and the top was just a little bit wide.  The tie does the trick!
I am taking advantage of Lil Miss actually enjoying it when we dress alike or similar.  Luckily for me, MJ has a lot of options that are cute for me too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment