Friday, April 27, 2012

knotty frock

Introducing the "Knotty Frock"! 
Lil Miss & I love the knot dresses from Matilda Jane and sadly, she's outgrown the knots she's worn for the last two years!  {They are great because they are dresses first and then tops once the length is too short!}  I realized we were going to have to restock.  We have gotten a few from MJ, but I don't love her wearing those to play at the baby sitter's.  So I researched patterns and settled on {this one} on Etsy.  It was super easy to follow and very detailed!
 Like usual, I tweaked some things here and there and I love the final result!!
 Lil Miss loves it too!!  I realize I'll never have the fabric and combinations that MJ does, but I think I make a pretty cute knot dress!
 It even passed the "twirl test"!
The straps are adjustable - you can tie the knot where you need to for a good fit.  I love how full the skirt of this dress is!  I've made similar dresses before, but this one is my favorite!
I have plans to add some of these to my etsy shop this summer.
**********
The month of May seems to have a circus theme to it - my nephew's 3rd birthday party is circus themed and Lil Man is a lion in his Kindergarten circus!  And you know I love a theme....so stay tuned to see what I have in store to keep Lil Miss "in theme"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment