Sunday, April 8, 2012

easter decorations

 
 I saw this centerpiece on pinterest and couldn't wait to put it together!  I got the jellybeans and silk flowers from Dollar Tree and the Peeps and vase from Target.  All in all, a pretty cheap and easy Easter decoration!!
**********
 Also from pinterest - coloring eggs with koolaid!  We used five flavors - lemonade {with a pinch of orange}, black cherry, lemonlime, grape and orange.  You mix one packet of koolaid with 2/3 cup of water.  The lemonade & limeade took a little longer to get good color, but the rest colored pretty quickly - without the stinky smell of vinegar!
Here are some of the eggs we colored, top left to right, grape & orange.  Bottom left to right, lemonade & black cherry.  I'm not sure, but I think the small dots are from bubbles that were on the egg when we took them out of the color?!  I was happy with how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment