Friday, June 10, 2011

Almost All Night-er

My sister's friend is getting married in the beautiful Chapel in the Trees in Funk's Grove. The bride asked my sister to find her a Funk Farms seed sign or something that she could frame for her new house in Montana. My sister just happens to have a farmer boyfriend that had TONS of seed signs and seedbags. Being a bit craftastic, my sister thought it would be fun to make clutches for all of the bridesmaids....out of seedbags!!!


She came over last night and we got started as soon as the kiddos were asleep!


Here are our supplies... seedbags, interfacing, lining fabric, strap fabric & pattern pieces


not shown - 7" zippers and heavy duty thread


We ironed interfacing on the back of the seed bag pieces. We sewed the seedbag & lining pieces to the zipper first. Then we sewed the lining together. We pieced it all together, sticking the strap in between the layers and zig zag stitched all the way around the outside of the clutch twice.


It took us a few hours, but we got them done!

Here's one side...The other side...
and the inside...


I am super excited at how these turned out! My sister also found some older burlap seedbags, so stay tuned for what we did with those!!

P.S. - I LOVE the inside lining fabric - Multi Mod Floral - from JoAnn's! I would love to make curtains and towels for my kitchen out of this fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment