Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jersey? Sure!!

I've been trying to come up with a name for this dress that somewhat describes it, that is catchy also...so here it is....Jersey? Sure! Obviously a play on the show Jersey Shore but also describes the majority of the material, jersey knit! Those of you that know me know I tend to over use puns and plays on words...like last week when my 6th graders started our light, color and sound unit in science and I wrote "Watt is Light?" on the board. Most of the kids got it, but I did have to explain it to a few! :)
I LOVE this dress! This one is a size 5 for a co-worker's adorable daughter! I changed up the order of the strips of jersey and I actually like this one a little bit better than the one I made for my lil miss.
The best part about this style of dress is that it takes no time at all to make! It takes me a minute to get used to sewing the strips together the opposite of most of my dresses since the seams are on the outside and unfinished.
I need to find a new jersey knit supplier because I have seriously purchased every cute patterned knit from Hobby Lobby! If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment and let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment