Thursday, January 27, 2011

Countdown to Valentine's Day!


I LOVE Valentine's Day! So for the next few weeks, I'll be posting about a V-Day project that my kiddos and I have done over the last few years.
Project #1 - Fabric Rose Arrangement
I had B & N paint the terra cotta pots for a personalized feel and, at their ages when we made these last year, that was the best way for them to participate!
You'll need Styrofoam balls that fit nicely in the terra cotta pots. We used 2" pots and 2" balls. You'll also need fabric in a shade of red, to resemble roses, and glue (on a plate or in a bowl).
Once the pots are painted, put the Styrofoam balls into them. Cut the red fabric into 2"x2" squares.
Wrap a 2"x2" piece of fabric around the eraser end of a pencil. Stick it in the glue and then into the Styrofoam ball, and repeat until none of the Styrofoam is showing.
I have one of the ones we made last year in my classroom still displayed on my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment